Monday 23 March 2015

Ink Studies

With regard to the small ink studies I have now attained my goal of producing 10 images of each of the six chosen components of the oak tree.  Below are the final two sets of drawings showing oak flowers and oak galls.  There are now over 60 studies in total.  Consideration has been given to producing 100 images of each component at a later date with each of the six components being produced as an Art Book.  I shall also experiment with presentation formats, photograph and enter on file for future reference. Time permitting, I also aim to scale up one image and print onto watercolour paper.
This process has been an extremely valuable exercise enabling me to observe and draw from life, thus engaging on an intimate basis. The process of experimentation has provided an opportunity to both explore the medium of ink and to utilise a variety of  implements to apply ink on a small scale supports. It has been a challenge to produce different interpretations and I feel they have been successful in extending perception. Some images provide a direct visual identification of the subject whilst others are more abstracted, often representing a single element within the overall construction. Overall, I feel I respond to the more simple 'designs' and also acknowledge the decorative elements within this body of work.
The images each stand alone as an individual pieces of work, In addition they have provided a starting point that can be further extended using various different applications. They have contributed to and increased my awareness of the complexity and wonder of nature.


























No comments:

Post a Comment