Wednesday 18 December 2013

Creative Project

Yes, I am continuing with the daily self portrait drawings.  It is sometimes exciting, sometimes arduous, sometimes disappointing and sometimes enlightening.  The ego appears to be taking over within the daily data sheets and I am forever questioning myself as to motives, reasons, associations with line and mood.  How I am thinking, feeling has a major impact on my drawing and the first drawing with the right hand has a major influence on the second drawing with the left hand.  The second drawing cannot exist in its form without first completing the first.
It has to be mentioned -   Christmas is great when its kept simple, time to enjoy family and friends, but it never quite turns out like that. Actually, I think I should be kind to myself as I do pretty well, nothing like self congratulation!  What I mean, is that I am thoughtful, not too indulgent in my gift buying and endeavour to keep everything in within a conscious boundary by avoiding too much commercial indulgence, which I despise.  I have rescued a bare Christmas tree from a friends garden and all my decorations will be made of natural or found materials - this is what I really enjoy doing.  I am getting away from the point as CHRISTMAS with a BIG C takes a lot of time and there is not much room for anything else - hence the drawing project has hit an all time low. I am persevering, but the creativity is not flowing very well, it has been a struggle.  Having completed the initial exploratory investigation I find myself in the situation of  'needing' to continue - I want to see what happens and there is apprehension in that stopping would cause regret - it has become somewhat obsessive.

 Drawn with right hand 17th December. 

This is what happened last night.  Drawn with left hand I completed the drawing and then scribbled over it.  The connection I made was negative and I wanted to hide it from sight. It was a particularly difficult drawing session due to time of day, mood and preoccupation with other thoughts. My initial plan to ACT is proving very difficult to implement on a regular basis.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment